Thursday, May 23, 2013

ADDICTIONS CAN BE EXPENSIVE


I always called my addictions (or additions) as expensive.

I grew up like a male in a female body. Never played with Barbie dolls before, and even if I was given Barbie doll on my birthday, I would often rip the head of the body and threw it one side. Basically, I grew up toys like cars and swords.

Then during the start of the secondary school days, saw people chasing after ‘local stars’ and I followed (I will be outcast if I don’t). My friends could wait outside the Caldecott building just to get an autograph. I didn’t, because my mom don’t allow. HAHA! The interest fades off after a year. I find it boring.

Subsequently as I grew older, I got addicted to soccer. Saw David Beckham one day on the magazine and got hook by his gorgeous looks and body. I got a cupboard full of his photos, magazine, autobiographies, puzzles posters hang in my room and Manchester united posters/DVD. I am that obsessed. I even owned a few jerseys. Then it stopped. The obsession of wanting to own David Beckham disappears after a couple of years. I no longer interested in his life or how many tattoos he have on his hunk body.

Poly days, I loved tennis. The game and the sweat (and the weight loss) make me adore to spend $$ in good rackets, good coach and a pair of good adidas shoes.

Then when I am 18, I turned my attention to driving. Fast cars are my preferred. At that time, a Mitsubishi lancer is such a hit that I dreamt to own it if I got the money. Red car, two doors, sun roof, good horsepower and deep sounded engine is something I pictured. This dream never seems to come true as money always never enough. (Crap -_-)

A couple of years ago, I begin photography. I invested in easy-to-use cameras (I got a few) but sold all of them off (less 80% discount) to get a DSLR. With a good DSLR, I need lenses to satisfy my needs in the photos. Then a dry cabinet to save the camera body and lenses from getting fungus. Recently, I intended to get a wide angle len Canon 10-22mm which cost SGD1438 for first hand. Broke! (sob sob). I am trying to save up the money to buy it before my Taiwan trip in Oct 2013 so I can take pleasure in taking the scenery with the characteristics of an L len. But I am still pondering if I should make the purchase. Or should I just go for second hand. (head and heart ache).

Now I am trying to re-learn Korean. Hub says I should spend the money to go classes in a reputable school instead of CC. He said last night, “If you want to learn it and spend time/money on it, then get the TOPIK back. Spend your money in a good way.”  I think I have decided on the school. Will be registering it later. From my calculation, learning a language will cost me more than $2800. (Haiz!)

So you see, my money never spend in cosmetics, facial or manicure. My hub seems to be happy (heng ah) that I spend on gadgets, interests and soccer jerseys. But I also must be ‘seng mok’ to dress appropriately (like a dress) when he brought me to a dinner party. HAHAHA!!! (don’t throw his face ma)   

No comments:

Post a Comment