Tuesday, April 1, 2014

GOLF - 2ND LESSON

Coach gave me iron 8 this time instead of 7 which I used in the previous 1st lesson. Hb got the same iron 7 though.
 
From what I understand, The irons from 5 to 7 are typically called the "mid irons", and are generally used from the fairway and rough for longer approach shots, between 130-210 yards depending on the club, player and course. The 8 and 9 irons are commonly called the "short irons". They have the highest-mass clubheads and the shortest shafts of the numbered irons, and are used for shots requiring high loft and/or moderate to short distance (typically between 130 and 150 yards with a full swing). The short irons are traditionally regarded as the easiest to hit; however they are typically used in situations requiring very high accuracy, and so it becomes critical to minimize any effect of mis-hits. I didn’t miss any hit when I use iron 8. But it just cant fly far. My average is about 50 yards. And hb can actually hit 150 yards with iron 7. I wonder how much further he can hit with a driver.


Truly impressed.

 
The lesson goes on with more swing and practice using iron. Nothing much new. We also hit more balls compare to 1st lesson.


1st lesson = 50 balls

2nd lesson = 80 balls


Before we left, coach says he will teach us using driver next lesson since our swing are okay.


I cant wait!

Hb and I are also discussing about getting our own clubs so we can go practice during weekday. My wallet =(


No comments:

Post a Comment