Tuesday, September 17, 2013

NOT A NATURAL BORNED TALENT

I don't have much confident in whatever I do. I tends to get nervous when I have to try something new, something out of my comfort zone. Anxiety will steps in and I would feel unwell. I will make a u-turn then to avoid facing it. Not very good, a hinder to what I wants to achieve.

Coming to Norway, has been a really big step for me. Perhaps, if I was to go Asia countries instead, the impact might not be as great. Communication is certainly the top problem when I'm in Norway. The culture may be ranked second on my uncomfortable list. I am never a borned country person and more like a city girl. I am from a country that never sleeps with bright lights and unstoppable entertainment. I am definitely a well protected girl, shed from all kinds of danger by my family. In fact, I am never alone, with a sister glowing up with me and a husband I am married to always by my side whenever I meet difficulties.

Before boarding the plane, the stress was huge on my part. It may sound silly, but I never was alone in an unfamiliarised country for such long time. But then, there was no backing out in the last minute already. It is my dream to go to a European country alone and experience the life here so why am I complaining like a child. Even a child might have much more courage than I have. And so, I went boarding the plane with a peaceful heart, a gladful heart to be able to experience what I have always dreamt of.

I guess I lack in a lot of things. Some are natural born talent who may have greater talent than myself. But I believe, not everyone who works hard is rewarded BUT all those who succeed have worked hard. So I should work extremely hard to get rewarded. However, even if after working hard and I am still not rewarded, I'll just do it with pride. In the end, everything accomplished resides in my own hands. Something that not everyone would have the opportunity to try and brag about.

Today is my birthday - 17th September. In a country that I never thought I would be. Being here, might be afterall, the greatest present I've received (in term of experience).

When I am old and tells stories to my grandchildren... your grandmother has been to a country with a vast amount of Viking history, meeting friendly people, feeling the cold temperature and eating moose meat for dinner.

Took this picture when I visited the Ski Jump Tower yesterday afternoon. Moose.

No comments:

Post a Comment